In Learn More the National Geographic magazine team shares some of its best sources and other information to expand your knowledge of our featured subjects. Special thanks to the Research Division.
- Related Links
- Science at NASA: History of NASA Space Science
Follow links to documents on all aspects of U.S. space exploration.
- The Planetary Society
Explore ways for everyone to get involved in space events.
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center In Situ Resource Utilization
Read about research to plan what astronauts will have to bring with them to the moon and how they will be able to use what they find there.
- Rocket and Space Technology
Scan a comprehensive list covering 46 years of manned space flights.
- Burgess, Colin, and Chris Dubbs. Animals in Space: From Research Rockets to the Space Shuttle. Springer, 2007.
- Dick, Steven J., and Roger D. Launius, editors. Critical Issues in the History of Spaceflight. NASA, 2006.
- Harland, David M. Story of the Space Shuttle. Springer, 2004.
- Hoffman, Carl. "Elon Musk Is Betting His Fortune on a Mission Beyond Earth's Orbit." WIRED Magazine (May 22, 2007).
- Lee, Wayne. To Rise From Earth: An Easy to Understand Guide to Space Flight. Facts on File, 1995.
- National Research Council, Committee on the Scientific Context for Space Exploration. Science in NASA's Vision for Space Exploration. 2005.
- Shayler, David J., and Ian Moule. Women in Space: Following Valentina. Springer, 2007.
- NGS Resources
- Douthitt, Bill. "Beautiful Stranger." National Geographic (December 2006), 38-57.
- Rutan, Burt. "Rocket for the Rest of Us." National Geographic (April 2005), 28-35.
- Douthitt, Bill. "Night Vision." National Geographic (December 2005), 110-17.
- Currie, Stephen. Missions in Space: 1955-Present. National Geographic Books, 2004.
- Spencer, Wil. Astronauts in Space. National Geographic Books, 2003.
- Carroll, Chris. "Eye on Infinity." National Geographic (December 2003), 54-71.
- Beatty, J. Kelly. Exploring the Solar System: Other Worlds. National Geographic Books, 2001.
- Sawyer, Kathy. "A Mars Never Dreamed Of." National Geographic (February 2001), 30-51.
- Apt, Jay. "Orbit: The Astronauts' View of Home." National Geographic (November 1996), 8-27.