Photo and caption by John Maslowski
On July 4, 2012 I was visiting a friend on Kelley Island which is off the coast of Ohio. We decided to go to a party on the mainland via my friend's boat. The weather report indicated a storm was on the way. We debated whether we should stay where we were or go the party. Some of our contingent advocated going to the party. Some thought we should stay on the island. The group decided we should go to the party. We began our trip to the mainland. The storm suddenly descended on us. As we turned back, I could see the sun breaking through the storm. We were saved.
Location: Kelly's Island, Ohio