Church of Christ the Savior "Spasskii Sobor"
Photo and caption by Alexey Zababurin
The construction of this famous Church was initiated by the Russian Tsar Nickolas the 1st due to growing numbers of believers among citizens of the city of Pyatigorsk. In June 1847 they started the construction which completed in 1869. The temple stood for 67 years and was destroyed by bolsheviks in 1936. They needed to blow it twice - the walls of the temple were so strong. In the present-day Russia the authorities decided to rebuid it. It took more than 7 years to see it back in its historical place.
Location: Pyatigorsk, Stavropol krai, Russia